What are the benefits of project management schedule?
Project Management schedule is the process of performing the activities, recognizing both time and resource constraints. This ensures what has happened and taking action to ensure that the project will be completed on time. A major misconception about project management is that it is no more than PERT (Program Evaluation and Research Technique), CPM (Critical Path Method) or other methods of project scheduling using software. A more realistic view is that scheduling software is a small part of project management.
The benefit of project management schedule is that it has permitted scheduling and cost management to be done much more efficiently, and therefore in very less time, in more detail or both. Thus a project can be planned and executed more precisely. This leaves more time to perform the other aspects of project management.
Let’s have a closer look at the various aspects of Project Management Schedule.
What is scheduling in project management?
There are various important aspect of project management. But one of the most important aspect is scheduling. A project should be defined comprehensively so that time is saved and the work is carried on smoothly. Project management schedule shouldn’t be confused with project planning. Project scheduling has the following levels mentioned below.
- Citing project scope.
- Listing the number of activities involved to meet the deadline.
- Creating a sequence in the right order that brings the project to completion.
- Defining project checkpoints or milestones.
- Breaking the time devoted by your human resource in correct sense. As an employee can’t remain focused in the project all the time. So the time given for administration of tasks and some time for recreation should be eliminated from the actual schedule for focused task completion. Assign people for 70-80% of their working hours only.
- Selecting the start date and the due date.
- Always keep a plan ‘B’ ready just in case any unforeseen circumstance takes place.
- Always be prepared for rescheduling.
- Make a realistic schedule, keeping the mind the health and well-being of the task performers, non-working days, public holidays, sick leaves, days off etc.
What is the schedule of a project?
The schedule of a project is the entire view of the project’s start date and due date ( date of project completion) and the activities involved to meet the two. It is a list that contains all the milestones, deliverables and estimated time related to the project. The most common way to create a schedule of a project is through a Gantt Chart. Gantt Chart is a horizontal bar chart that visually represents a project schedule across the provided time frame.
A Gantt Chart contains the following components:
- Task list- Vertical columns that may be divided into groups and sub-groups.
- Timeline- Horizontal rows representing months, weeks, days etc.
- Dateline- Vertical line that highlights the current date on the Gantt Chart.
- Bars- Horizontal markers on the right side that denotes progress, duration, start and due dates.
- Milestones- A yellow colour diamond sign that represents important dates, deliveries etc.
- Dependencies- Light gray lines that connect tasks to be done in a certain sequence.
- Progress- Shows the level of task completion on a specified date.
- Resource assigned- Indicates the person/team allotted for the task.
This is one of the most popular and oldest ways of scheduling a project. But with advent of time, we have come out with the most impressive and convenient method of scheduling for project management that encompasses Gantt chart with the latest technology. Read till the end to know about the most efficient way of project scheduling in the modern times.
What are the benefits of project scheduling?
Project planning is done by every project management company or project manager. But they often neglect project scheduling. Project scheduling a minor aspect involved in project management but it is undoubtedly the most important technique to meet the project deadline. Project scheduling has a lot of benefits, like the following listed below.
- It involves project integration. Integration is very important in project management schedule. Integration guarantees, that the various aspect of a project management schedule, namely, human resource, equipments, supplies etc . remain in harmony.
- Scope management- The scope of a project is very important, as it not only defines what is included but also what is not included. Hence keeping the scope management intact is vital. Project schedule makes sure it is taken care of.
- Quality management- The definition of quality is simply “conformance to requirements/specification”. If the requirements for the products of the project are consistent with the real, or perceived, needs of the clients, then the client is likely to be satisfied with the product of the project. A project schedule makes the project completion process easier and convenient. Hence the objective of quality management is met easily as all the requirements and specifications are already taken into consideration before drafting a schedule.
- Time management- Management of time is crucial to the success of any project. Project management schedule is all about managing the time, start dates, due dates etc.
How to create a project schedule in Kendo?
Finding the best task manager project scheduler is confusing. With a lot of options already present in the market, getting your hands on the best is a tough job.
Kendo Project Management Software is indeed a good option. Try this effective project scheduler.
Some of it’s best features include.
- Easy to use.
- Quick to set up on any Windows server, Windows VPS or Windows 10.
- Let’s you manage task with your team from wherever you want.
- Comes with a powerful dashboards ( Dojo multi project dashboard, My Dashboard and, Project Dashboard ) and, other features.
Using the Kendo scheduler software option is the easiest way to manage your project management schedule. Easily build various reports that show the status of a single project or the health pf your entire portfolio. Create the following with a click.
- Project plan.
- Reports on all the tasks, costs, and resource.
- Reports on risks, issues and changes in the project.
- Create graphical display of your tasks.
- Print, record or send reports via e-mail.
Kendo project management scheduler is flexible, convenient and easy to use. It comes with a Gantt chart, Kanban board, Task management and the most important is cost-friendly. It is the best low price MS project alternative.