What is project management?
Project management is not something new and has a long history. The construction of old buildings such as the Pyramids or Pantheon were projects. In their construction, project management was applied.
According Wikipedia project management is the practice of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria at the specified time.
History of Project Management
- 1911: The publication of Frederic Taylor’s “The Principle of Scientific Management”
- 1917: Henry Gantt creates the Gantt Chart
- 1956: The American Association of cost Engineers(now AACE International) was funded
- 1957: The critical path technique was developed by Dupont
- 1958: United States Department of Defenses US Navy Special Projects Office developed the program Evaluation Review(PERT) for its Polaris project
- 1962: The Department of Defense mandated the use of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for future projects
- 1965: The international Project Management Association (IPMA) was founded
- 1969: The nonprofit Project Management Institute(PMI) was founded
- 1984: The management philosophy Theory of Constraints (TOC) was developed by Dr. Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- 1986: Scrum was named as a project management style
- 1989: Earned Value Management (EVM) came to prominence as a technique in project management
- 1989: The UK government created Project in Controlled Environments (PRINCE)
- 1997: Eliyahu M.Goldratt developed Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) based on the method’s and algorithms of his Theory of Constraints
- 1998: PMBOK become a standard
- 2001: Agile as a project style was codified with the creation of the Agile Manifesto of the Software Development Manifesto
- 2006: AACE published the full presentation of the process in the ‘Total Cost Management Framework’.
- 2008: 4th Edition of PMBOK guide Released
- 2009: Major PRINCE2 Revision by Office of Government Commerce
- 2012: International Organization for Standardization published “ISO 21500:2012, Guidance on Project Management”
- 2013:5th Edition of PMBOK Guide Released
- 2017: 6th Edition of PMBOK Guide Released
Resource management and task management on project
Kendo Manager is web application for managing projects. Kendo Manager offers you clear overview and control over your projects. Our product helps you realize online managing projects, to track the time spent, to plan the projects, to manage resources and to deliver project tasks and activities in the most effective way.
Online project software for planning of project
As complete online project software solution for project planning, Kendo manager offers the possibility to project manager to plan each aspect of the project and to define the time frame of the project, to deploy the project resources with optimum and to plan the costs efficiently . Everything required to finish the project successfully offers you our Kendo Project manager .
Plan and order of tasks on project
The base of each project are tasks. Tasks were designed to achieve projected results and set project goals. The task can be planned and define its duration. Each task has to lead to accomplishment of expected results and arranged project goals.
Human resources and team management
Project team represents the group of people that operate mutually and connected towards achieving of common goal.
Project team represents modern and flexible method of organizing based on mutual team work of group of specialists, whose task is realization of specific operation or venture. Human resources management at projects comprises the necessary processes for the most efficient use of people involved in project.
Resource management is the key element of project management plan which is important for conducting and monitoring of project. Our software gives the opportunity to manage your human and material resources at project and to help in process of allocation resources throughout project realization.
Time management software
Software for Time management at the basic „tool“ in reaching the productiveness and effectiveness at project. Time is a very important resource at the project. Efficient Time management requires flexible and ease software for time management.
Kendo Manager is simple to use and flexible software for managing with time at the project.