Cloud-Based Project Management
Cloud-based project management is a modern trend that has been going on for some time. Many companies have so far used the cloud as a great place to store data, but thanks to the development of technology and modern software, more and more companies are turning to manage projects and business in the cloud.
What is Project Management?
Project management is the correct use of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques in the realization of project activities. Project management is done through the application and integration of project management processes. The integration of project processes on the project includes five process groups:
- Monitoring and control
- Closing the project.
The person directly responsible for achieving the project goals is the project manager. Quality project management includes:
- Identifying the request
- Setting up clear and realistic project goals
- Establishing a balance in terms of quality, volume, time and cost relationships.
- Adapting plans to different interests and expectations of stakeholders.
The key to successful project management and realization of all planned project tasks lies in the control of three basic factors of each project:
- Size of the project
- Project time
- Project costs
The key to the success of each project is the balance of these three factors.
The distortion of the balance between these factors is such that the change of one factor affects and inevitably leads to the change of another factor. Monitoring and control of these elements are done with the help of standard and implemented documentation and appropriate project management software. Corrective project management actions are based on the information available from the project management software.
Project managers in project management should take into account that each project itself carries a certain amount of uncertainty. Project risk is an uncertain event that in case it is realized can have a positive or negative impact on the project goals.
Modern management of business activities
Business activities are all economic activities that the enterprise performs in the course of business. The primary purpose of business activities is to make profits. Business activities in the company include:
- Operative activities
- Investment activities
- Financial activities
Today, more and more companies use project management in their work and treat their business activities as projects. The goal of this transformation is better organization of business and increased efficiency in the realization of business activities and strategic goals of the company.
Cloud-Based Project Management Software
Today, there are a large number of projects in companies that require the engagement of a large number of resources, which require high costs and a major engagement of human resources in order to achieve the set goals. Many companies have employees who are in different locations or are working on the move.
Working from home has become our everyday life. For companies, the realization of projects on time and within the budget in the modern world has become an extremely difficult task which required a change in the traditional manual way of project management.
In the world, cloud-based project management software has gained great popularity as a tool for better tracking project processes such as:
- Managing project activities
- Time management on the project
- Cost management on the project
- Human resources management on the project
- Managing communication on the project
The main problem for companies and organizations in the implementation of cloud project management is above all the cost of software. Western companies use solutions such as MS project server and which are extremely expensive for all companies and organizations.
What is Microsoft Project Server?
Microsoft Project Server is a software solution for managing Microsoft projects. Unlike the MS project, which is a desktop solution, MS project server is an enterprise-wide portfolio management solution that is located on a central project management server.
Microsoft Project Server is a robust project management tool that has a large number of options, but its implementation is expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.
The costs of implementing and licensing a Microsoft Project Server for a company that has 10 employees can cost more than 20,000$ if you include education and employee certification.
Project Management and Kendo Manager
Today, many companies have a need for their own project management server within their own information system or private cloud.
Kendo Manager has many benefits for small and medium enterprises. If you are looking for simple and advanced project management software, with acceptable price, you’ve just found it! Kendo Manager is a project management software, which is by characteristics and capabilities in the Enterprise category, and a price that is affordable for smaller businesses and teams.
Kendo Manager is a complete system for project management and project activities. Kendo Manager is:
- Easy to use
- There are no restrictions on the number of users and projects in the application
- It does not require an expensive education
- It has a free version for small teams
It is available in Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, English and German language. In short, Kendo Manager is an efficient tool that provides the necessary assistance for faster implementation of your projects and effective communication between members of your project team in any situation and from any location. Also, Kendo is optimized for mobile devices.
Kendo Manager options
- Control panels (my dashboard, project dashboard, project overview, dojo)
- Tasks Management
- Resource Management
- Gantt Chart
- Kanban Board
- Problem tracking
- Cost Management
- Project budget management
- Time management
- Managing changes on the project
- Risk management
- Email notifications and internal notifications
- Technical support
- 1-year free upgrade.
How to run a Cloud-based Project Management Server
Kendo Manager is a simple cloud-based project management server solution that you can install on your own Windows VPS server or on a regular workstation where the Windows 10 operating system is installed.
Kendo Manager is a combination of Microsoft. Net technology and MariaDB FREE open source database. MariaDB is one of the most popular databases in the world. Many companies using MariaDB including Wikipedia, WordPress.com, and Google.
Advantages of Kendo Manager
- A centralized information system for projects management
- Remote project management
- Each participant in the project has appropriate access
- Accessibility of the project to all team members, whether they work in an office environment or field conditions
- Easy to administer and use
- Unlimited number of projects
- Unlimited number of users
- Encoder system
- User rights and roles (project manager, team member, client, review permission)
- Calendars, a notification system for incoming project tasks
- One click to the project. Automatically generate project forms and prints
- All data is available at any time and anywhere
- The app is optimized for mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, iPhone)
- Various types of reports for analyzing and tracking the time spent and resources on projects.
Documentation and video instructions: